The first prize carries $1500, the second $1,000 and the third $750. Additionally, two more scholarships of $1,000 each will be awarded to students in need of financial subsidy to pursue education.
Students can choose any of the following essay topics:
1) Why do I want to be a journalist?
2) What does it mean to be a Muslim journalist?
3) What are some of the most serious issues that the Muslim American community faces in the USA?
4) What is the most effective way to counter “Islamophobia”?
5) How should Muslim American youth be involved in debates about policy?
6) How should Muslim Americans relate with the rest of the Muslim world?
7) How can Muslim Americans become an effective and dynamic part of the American pluralism?
Deadline: March 15, 2010